Saturday, February 11, 2023
University of Minnesota Law School
9:30am – 4:30pm CST
Happy Hour to Follow!
The Minnesota Lavender Bar Association will be hosting an in-person conference next year at the University of Minnesota Law School!
We will also be offering an option to view the programming virtually following the conference, thanks to the generosity of Our Family Wizard.
Keynote Speaker: Sasha Issenberg
We are excited to announce that the keynote speaker for the 22nd Annual MLBA Conference will be Sasha Issenberg! Sasha Issenberg will be in conversation with a local LGBTQ+ advocate to discuss his new book, titled The Engagement: America’s Quarter-Century Struggle Over Same-Sex Marriage. This richly detailed narrative follows the coast-to-coast conflict through courtrooms and war rooms, bedrooms and boardrooms, to shed light on every aspect of a political and legal controversy that divided Americans like no other.
Sasha Issenberg is the author of three previous books, on topics ranging from the global sushi business to medical tourism and the science of political campaigns. He covered the 2008 election as a national political reporter in the Washington bureau of The Boston Globe, the 2012 election for Slate, the 2016 election for Bloomberg Politics and Businessweek, and 2020 for The Recount. He is the Washington correspondent for Monocle, and has also written for New York magazine, The New York Times Magazine, and George, where he served as a contributing editor. He teaches in the political science department at UCLA.
Call for Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
The MLBA Conference Committee would love to have your support for our annual conference! We could not put on such an amazing conference every year without your sponsorships. Sponsorship levels for this conference are as follows:
- Friends of the MLBA:
- Individual or Solo Practitioner ($250): One complimentary conference admission and recognition in printed and electronic materials.
- Small Law Firm ($500): Two complimentary conference admissions and recognition in printed and electronic materials.
- Bronze ($1,000): Five complimentary conference admissions and recognition in printed and electronic materials.
- Silver ($2,000): Eight complimentary conference admissions, and recognition in printed and electronic materials.
- Gold ($3,500): Twelve complimentary conference registrations, and recognition in printed and electronic materials.
- Platinum ($5,000): Recognition of sponsorship by moderator prior to Keynote conversation, 15 complimentary conference registrations, and recognition in printed and electronic materials.
If you or your employer would like to sponsor our conference, please contact the MLBA Conference Committee at [email protected].