The MLBA envisions a Minnesota where LGBT attorneys, clients, and community members are treated equally and without discrimination.
In pursuit of this goal, MLBA’s mission is to promote equality and justice in the legal profession and the LGBT community in Minnesota.
MLBA does the following to effect the mission:
- Supports the professional development and advancement of attorneys who serve or who are members of the LGBT community.
- Develops community among LGBT judges, attorneys, and law students through social, networking, and mentoring opportunities.
- Educates attorneys and the public on legal issues of concern to the LGBT community.
- Collaborates with other minority, local, state-wide, and national bar associations and affiliate organizations.
- Advocates for legislation and supports litigation that advances the rights of LGBT people.