The MLBA envisions a Minnesota where LGBTQ+ legal professionals, clients, and community members are treated equally and without discrimination.
In pursuit of this goal, MLBA’s mission is to promote equality and justice in the legal profession and the LGBTQ+ community in Minnesota.
The MLBA does the following to effect the mission:
- Supports the professional development and advancement of legal professionals who serve or who are members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Fosters community among LGBTQ+ judges, attorneys, other legal professionals, and law students through social, networking, and mentoring opportunities.
- Educates legal professionals and the public on legal issues of concern to the LGBTQ+ community.
- Collaborates with other minority, local, state-wide, and national bar associations and affiliate organizations.
- Advocates for legislation and supports litigation that advances the rights of LGBTQ+ people.